The Hostile Series by Joy Mutter




The Blurb for the box set .......
The Hostile Series is a collection of every book in The Hostile series of unusual contemporary British paranormal crime thrillers. Book 1 is The Hostile, Book 2 is Holiday for The Hostile, Book 3 is The Hostile Game, and Book 4 is Confronting The Hostile. This ‘refreshingly original’ series is set mainly in Manchester, Liverpool, and Ireland. Get it before it gets you.



To start I have read all of these books. I love them! They are different and bizarre and massively grabbed my attention.  They are so original. Joy has written such a fab tale, each book progressively gets better, deeper and more murderous. 

Here are my reviews....
The Hostile,
I listened to the audio version of The Hostile. It is bizarre & weird & so original. Such a good twisted tale. A young girl is so confused, school isn't fun, family isn't fun, so she spends lots of time in her bathroom. She listens to a voice & it seems to do her wishes.
This tale involves her family and their extended lives, her school mates & how her life takes turns.
I really enjoyed this tale, it's an original tale. Not the usual horror story.
I've since read this as well and it does not dissapoint.

Holiday for the Hostile
Excellent. The story got deeper & you get to know more about Serena & Tile X drops a deep hint!
I enjoyed the 1st Hostile but this 1 just got more into it. Really looking forward to more. Joy tells a good tale

The Hostile Game
Excellent. The story got deeper & you get to know more about Serena & Tile X drops a deep hint!
I enjoyed the 1st Hostile but this 1 just got more into it. Really looking forward to more. Joy tells a good tale

Confronting the Hostile

Tile X & Joe have new people to torture, grown up men, 1 a retired police officer & 1 a working officer. Handy with all those names to add to the Tiles murderous choices.
This book did not dissapoint. The story deepens and we learn about the spirits and as they're group grows, what they get up to. The tiles as always, wicked but tempting.
I really enjoy these books. They've caught my imagination big time. Joy is an original writer and these books just keep on making me want more! Bizarre but bloody good and enticing!


Give these a go if you enjoy unusual and different books 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts